Thursday, July 22, 2010

Finally somebody in a responsible position accepts I am Bad.....


--- On Thu, 7/22/10, The Facebook Team ynyysag@support.facebook.com> wrote:

From: The Facebook Team
Subject: Re: My Personal Profile was Disabled
To:Wasiq Syed

Date: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 9:38 PM

Hi,


Your account was disabled because your behavior on the site was identified as harassing or threatening to other people on Facebook. Prohibited behavior includes, but is not limited to:

• Sending friend requests to people you don't know
• Regularly contacting strangers through unsolicited Inbox messages
• Soliciting others for dating or business purposes

After reviewing your situation, we have determined that your behavior violated Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. You will no longer be able to use Facebook. This decision is final and cannot be appealed.

Please note that for technical and security reasons, we will not provide you with any further details about this decision.

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

Tonight I received this email from the Facebook accusing me of "prohibited behavior" and violation of Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities and informing me that my facebook account disable is permanent. and I do not have the right of appeal....


About a year ago ...I had only two friends on the facebook ...both female and perfect strangers...to me....and to my greatest surprise they added me as friend and I only confirmed their request....few months ago I sent friends request to most of their friends which to my surprise was confirmed by many....that is how my friends list began to grow....some strangers I followed on twitter introduced me to farmville ...so I started playing farmville which encourged me to add neighbors and so I had to invite and add more strangers....Some of those strangers become very good friends....so good that we liked each others posts on the wall and commented regularly....some of my facebook friends are regular twitters as well ...I have never before in my life have been accused of soliciting even though I have a law degree....lol    
Recently a facebook friend faced a similar situation and his account was also disabled...he disappeared from the facebook without a trace...I inquired from the mutual friends and they told me that he is ok...only his account has been disabled by the facebook...he made another account and lived happily ever since.....all his facebook friends were even more happy to see him with a new account and instantly confirmed his friends request....I did the same no questions asked....Ironically he is still there and now I am not ....a lot is going through my mind right now....whether should I make a new account like him and live happily ever after or enjoy this freedom....(I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all .)
Honestly this song sounds so much better when Whitney Houston is singing....so let me find it on youtube...Btw, my youtube account is still intact....but Iam not very sure for how long....as it has been banned a couple of times here and is under a lot of pressure as you all know.... 
Most of my family and friends are not into education and learning....they must be very pleased to see me not on the facebook....I am so glad that facebook made them so so happy by kicking me ass off this social networking site....
GOD BLESS AMERICA ! 

4 comments:

  1. Ohh Wasiq - why on earth has Facebook disabled your account? I don't think you have done the things they suggest - well no more than anyone else has. Lots of people I don't know have sent me friend requests - some I accept, some I don't but I don't think that's a reason to disable an account.

    The same thing happened to one of my good friends who you know - his account was disabled and he opened a new one, even with the same name, and is happily posting & making new friends on there. So it's up to you if you want to do that, or if you are so p***ed off with FB that you don't want to have anything to do with it. I will respect your choice, but we can still TWEET.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no no no I am not at all P***ed off with FB...Infact I am feeling so euphoric and different from all...after getting this special treatment which I don't even deserve from a free kitchen...lol
    another interesting thing that happened on the educational side is that just before being disabled the shrink friend of meher zaidi(meer) added me as friend after her introduction...and we were chit chatting on his wall post about insanity and creativity.....work and memories after we are gone...it is very interesting that at that very moment the facebook acted to erase all my creative work...whether done in sanity or insanity...the work is all gone...now the question is if i am able to keep a very low profile(non on facebook) will he(shrink) remember me and the things I said to him or posted on my wall regularly....and what about his friends who hardly knew me...will they remember me....no I don't think so....not even those who were intimidated or disturbed by me or my work....the more I think about it...the more interesting it gets....so in a way Iam very grateful to the facebook for disabling my account ...although I feel very sorry that most of my friends like yourself ...and my family will miss my presence especially my very young and very intelligent niece who lives very far from me....and only gets to see me once a year for few weeks....I think facebook should have asked all my friends instead of acting on a stranger's report...also they should have given a weeks notice so that I could collect some of my stuff....pictures,links ,notes ,wall posts,etc...anyways..thanks for your suppport..
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. man...u need help

    "prait-atma"

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the surprise....how can you help...?

    ReplyDelete