Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Obama declares the War in Iraq...is over !

On 2nd august 1990....Saddam hussian invaded Kuwait....and that is how it all began...Umm ul Harb (Mother of all wars) he loved to call it...well atleast that's what the CNN translators told us....the google translate has a very different version these days...it translates mother of all wars....Umm kullo harbأم كل  حرب
I was enjoying my monsoon season ....when I listened to this breaking news on my short wave radio....I also used to listen to radio kuwait...because its english transmission was very clear and they played some very nice American music....which was not available here....we had only one television channel totally controlled by the goverment (ARMY)...because of this war in iraq we got a new television channel which broadcasted live CNN International....but gradually the Army got hold of it as well...and started censoring the live transmissions....all entertainment news and programs on cnn were immediately scrambled....the fun part was when they forget to scramble....anyways we watched all speeches of Saddam live and his scuds attack just like anybody in the United states or the rest of the western world....we even got to see repeatedly ...when President Bush senior said read my hips while jogging....and then Jeanne Moos moosting it lol.
I learned so much sitting at home watching television,reading newspapers and listening to the radio during this war that I could have not possibly learned even it the best institutions of learning civilian or military anywhere in the world.... Sortie being the key word that I learned from the pentagon side....One very interesting thing I learned was that when most of the neighbors of Iraq turned against it or were under pressure from the US led Alliance ...not to help or cooperate with iraq in anyway....saddam hussian turned to its arch enemy Iran ....with whom he has fought a war for a decade...and requested them to keep all the commercial planes of iraq airline for safe keeping during the war....I was so amazed with this....and knew...the war is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment