Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Beginning of Matric(X) class exams postponed

Last Night in a very surprise move the then governor of Sindh taking notice of the non issuance of exam entry admit card to thousands of candidates which came to his notice after some candidates protested...,the honorable governor postponed the exams for two days....and instructed the board of secondary education karachi to make sure all candidates are issued the admit card by then.
Here in this part of the sub-continent a matric exam is the most important milestone in a persons life....after passing this exam a child leaves the school.to sit in this exam a child has to have completed ten years of school plus three years of pre-school kindergarten.some even take a longer route so a matric student is also at the verge of puberty...
Now imagine the anxiety and mental stress our kids must be facing last night when this news break....phones began to ring....SMS's ,e-mails chat-rooms came to life...most newspapers stop presses...whole night when by in disbelief...specially for those who have got the admit cards....

About a century ago I remember when my matric paper of english got postponed more than once....it gave me multiple chances to prepare.....and to my greatest surprise....I got 20% more marks (A) than my average marks(B) in all papers.but than I was one of the most carefree persons in the whole neighborhood and I did not have a mobile,cable or the net back then....so what i did or didnot is totally irrelevant now...
I hope and pray that all the issues are resolved as soon as possible and that the kids are not subjected any extra mental pressure and test other than their studies and papers.
Godspeed kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment