Monday, March 29, 2010

Pakistan's superstar cricketer Muhammad Yousuf calls it a day...!

Former Pakistan captain Mohammad Yousuf retired from international cricket Monday in response to the Pakistan Cricket Board's decision to ban him for an indefinite period.

"I don't want to harm Pakistan and it's better I should quit," Yousuf said in Karachi, adding he had received a letter from the board saying his presence was harmful to the team.

The board suspended Yousuf and another former captain, Younis Khan, for an indefinite period earlier this month because of infighting between the two that affected the team's recent performances against Australia.

"Throughout my career I have tried to win laurels for the country," Yousuf said. "I am sorry not only to the whole nation but also to those if I have hurt them."

The 35-year-old Yousuf added that he will continue to play first-class domestic cricket.


No comments:

Post a Comment