Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pro-Taleban my foot....! Hum hain pakistani hum toh jeetein gay han...

Jamia binoria is one of the leading religious educational instituion of Pakistan...its been imparting religious education to students as young as very young toddlars as well as learned scholars and imams of the mosques not only from karachi but all over the pakistan's far flung areas and beyond...for many many years...ever since childhood I have been watching and visiting the Binoritown mosque...never really got to study there as my parents send me to an english medium school....but it was very close to my law school so after school i often offered my prayers there...I still like to pray at this large mosques whenever I get a chance....now the thing is that they are pro-taleban and I am anti-taleban so how can you explain this....Well,if you are a meat lover like me and have an experience of buying it fresh here in karachi you will know that the meat sellers are the weirdest of all traders in town....you walk in the dehli mutton shop or the macca mutton shop and ask a one kg mutton leg piece...you will never get one kg of pure mutton leg...they will mix a fifty fifty from other unsellable parts of the animal such as the ribs and loin...there is no such thing as a customer's choice when you are in their shops...either you buy as they sell or you buy the whole goat...and better still if you slaughter it your self at home...because they trade on their own terms or they wont...and because its a tough business...nobody not even the poor government can handle it without them....so why I am not disturbed by their attitude...because not everybody at the table is fond of the same portion of the the meat...some like the leg and the bone marrow others prefer the chest with thick white fat....and so on...the mix-up is so much in my favor that what they do to tease me is what I actually need.and when I or whoever brings the meat home and hands it over to ladies for cooking...they love it...and when it is served on the table after cooking everybody enjoys it.So they do their business according to their ways and community guidelines and I have to learn the ways that suits me most...similar is the case of this religious institution which runs on donations and charity and yet it is expected to be very rigid ,uncompromising and truthful.It is indeed complimentary that so far they have not succumbed to pressures both within and from the outside.The thing that still attracts me towards them is that not only they are there for me but now it seems they are everywhere for me.I have learned a lot from them and I hope to continue this no matter if Karachi remains under taleban or falls into the US.

Shahadat hai matloob O maqsood ay momin
Na maal ay ghanimat na khishwer kushai.

GOD BLESS AMERICA


No comments:

Post a Comment