Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oscar 2010 the 82nd....

Every year I anticipate watching the whole event Red carpet and the Oscar live from the Kodak studios on television but somehow I fell asleep in the vee hours of the morning...at 8:00 pm there its around 6:00am here...and out of the 80 plus channels on my cable only one channel "STAR MOVIES" shows it live...
For years I have tried every possible option to stay awake and watch the whole event and share the excitement with the movies fans all over the world. Over the years I have tried staying up all night on the Oscar night,sleeping early,taking too much coffee,etc...nothing seems to work....it's just like a curse....few years back I was able to watch the beginning and the red carpet...and then I suddenly fell asleep during the commercials turned off the tv and when I woke they were saying goodbye....it was the worst thing to have happened to me that year....
Today I was up all night on the net shut down the computer at about 4:30 am and fell asleep waiting...wake up at about 8:00 am karachi time and watched the remaining show half asleep....
This year the men's fashion was very staight and simple black tie affair but the woman had very extravagant lavish outfits reminded me of "mary popins" or "my fair lady" era...I don't know if anybody else felt that way or not...anyways it was fun to watch the pomp and grace at its best in the Oscars 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment