Sunday, August 22, 2010

11th Ramadan 1431....

Every one of you who know me from before my birth or since my deaths...is aware that every year on this day we remember my grand father who died more than half a century ago on this day...in karachi before my birth.so the fact is that I never got a chance to see my grand father or to learn anything from him.All I know about him is from what has been told to me by my family and especially my dearly departed Papa (God bless his soul) who loved his father more than I could ever love him.When Papa was alive this day used to be the most important day of the calender and of the holy month of Ramadan a gathering of family and friends for the iftar dinner and offering fateha was a must.come rain or shine...since papa's death almost three years ago...we still do offer the fateha...but very quietly with reverence lest zeal.
The most interesting thing about this death anniversary is that today the abandoned uncultivatable small piece of farm land in the banks of river indus near kotri owned by my grand father is in the worst flood with fears of a permenant damage to the kotri barrage and the drowning in flood water of the kotri city and villages all around.

And some refugee of this flood from sindh and khyber-pakhtunka are being graciously  settle in a camp near the unlivable residential society of my Papa which was already under a constant land-grabing threat...and other care taker issues...Now today I am thanking God that despite continuous pressures, classified of course,  from most major services and Airforces of British and common wealth countries ....I firmly skulked in the past decade and did not let the Americans name an unusable piece of land in my name....Only God knows what might be happening there today....Merci 

No comments:

Post a Comment