Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Halal food to begin and break your fast.....


The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is believed to break the fast of Ramadan with Dates....which is a very common fruit of the desert of Arabia....Muslims around the world still follow that tradition and in the holy month of Ramadan use dates of various kinds and origins to break their fast...iftar and also to keep their fast... sehri.
And in between the iftar and sehri we eat according to our taste and likeness which vary from region to region and person to person....but the most important thing is that whatever we eat in this month is halal according to the islamic law.as it should be in general all the year round...
What is Halal food...? Halal food for muslims is everything that is not from a dead animal,does not contain blood, and the meat of a pig. and the animal has to be properly sacrificed in the name of Allah....it should not be a stolen or wrongfully acquired.Some people also have reservations for the sea-food....but most believe it is halal....as for the birds who feed on the dead and carrion are also not halal.unless there is desperation....Things grown from the soil ...like wheat,rice,vegetables and fruits are all halal and much preferred food of the Muslims during Ramadan.
I usually do the iftar with a date,some salty or spicy fried pakora or samosa,a seasonal fruit and tea,juice or shake.....then after the prayers and taravee....I have the dinner....which is usually the same dinner I have all year round....and in sehri I take scrambled eggs with roti or bread....and tea....lots of tea till the sirens of the end time sounds.Then I brush my teeth and offer the morning prayers....and then I sleep..

When I wake up if it is required I help my mother do the lunch....because she is the only person who is not fasting....last year in ramadan....I did something very incredible for which I feel very proud even today....I made a roti for my mothers lunch which did not look very much like a roti(bread) but she said it is okay....lol

No comments:

Post a Comment