Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ramadan is coming.....

Today is the last sabbath before Ramadan 1431.In Islam there is no known significance of sabbath for the muslim as it is for the jews....!I usually try to follow this ritual just to learn more through personal experience.On sabbath day I don't eat or do hard labor during the day.which is just like our fast in the month of ramadan.only we have to fast for the whole month of ramadan without any gap all 29+ day from  a little earlier then sunrise to sunset.
Yesterday was friday the 24th of shaban 1431.Shaban is the islamic month before Ramadan...which means that less than six days are left to prepare for the holy month of ramadan the fact which was reminded by the imam saab in his juma sermon as well.
Every year in ramadan I become weak due to fasting during the day and then in the night because of standing in taravee prayers to listen to the holy quran.last year it was very bad because in the middle of the month of ramadan I became so weak that soon after  getting wet in the unexpected rain at night going to the mosque for taravee prayers  I got flu and cold... had to give up three days  of fasting...it is quite a big disappointment for someone like me who had been fasting very regularly for years.Although the lord almighty allows to complete the number of fast left for a valid reason later or if a person is incapable to complete the number...has to feed the poor and ask forgiveness.
Taking strong Antibiotics and other medicines by the grace of Allah I was able to continue fasting with a gap of just three days fast but I was not able to join the taravee prayers due to weakness and bad cough.So I was not able to finish the listening of Holy Quran in the holy month of Ramadan.
This year the law and order situation is very bad...I have to think  many times and watch news on tv before going out to buy bread ....I am not sure if I'd be able to go for the taravee prayers regularly the whole month this year.So I am seriously thinking of joining the short course i.e...at some places people mostly traders arrange the taravee prayers for shorter durations like ten or fifteen day....so that they are free to open their shops in the night for eid shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment