Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Iqbal the great poet philosopher...


آسماں ہوگا سحر کے نور سے آئينہ پوش
اور ظلمت رات کي سيماب پا ہو جائے گي


Allama Muhammad Iqbal born 9th nov 1877 and died 21st april 1938...was one of the greatest poet of the east...he was not just a poet but a philosopher and a much respected politician as well...it was him who first thought of an Independent muslim state within the British india. which was later founded as Pakistan.that is why he is known and respected in Pakistan as the muffakir ay Pakistan ...the thinker of Pakistan.
I inherited the love of his poetry from my Papa who was a great admirer of Iqbal...he knew all his poems and verses by heart and used to recite them for me...everytime I was not able to understand the meaning of any poem or verse of Iqbal...he used to help me by explaining it in plain language.he w
as very good with the persian verses which unfortunately was and still is a very weak point for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment