Friday, April 2, 2010

Is it Good Friday...really ?


Every year in lent and usually near the good friday here in Karachi we have the Dust Cloud(I love to call it Sandblasting...and rejoice it) one fine morning ....It starts usually a few hours after the sunset the night earlier...and settles down with the sunset...I remember this Good friday couple of years ago probably five or six years ago...I was on my morning walk after the Fajr prayers when the dust begin to get thicker and the visibility grew lesser and lesser.....very stubbornly I kept walking .....there was very little traffic that morning and people on foot were too scared or irritated to walk in that dust...took to the nearest shelter or did not come out at all...After almost two hours of my regular walk when I returned home...and looked my self in the mirror...I was horrified to see my thick black hairs fully covered with dust even the thick black eyebrows....it was like an eighty years old me standing in front of me....smiling...ThankGod nobody saw me in the house as everybody was either asleep or locked inside their rooms due to this dust....even though my thick black hairs are now began to turn grey except for the thick black eyebrows and the unwanted hairs....I feel I could never be so horrified to see myself the way I saw my self in that mirror that Good friday....it was Awesome...almost divine.
Dust Clouds Envelops Tomb of Quaid-e-Azam, Founder of Pakistan Karachi

2 comments:

  1. Monday 19th March 2012 about and hour before the sunset it began
    http://wasiq1zpakistan.blogspot.com/2012/03/hear-ye-here-ye-dust-cloud-is-here.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://wasiq1zpakistan.blogspot.com/2012/03/yesterdays-dust-storm-in-karachi.html

    ReplyDelete